Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It’s a Hell of a Town! Part One

Excuse my absence, after I came back from my NYC trip I got sick! I think I set a record this weekend spending a total of 36 hours in bed. That's right, 36 hours of sleeping, drinking the occasional tea and blowing my nose. From 9:00 pm Saturday night to 9:00 am Monday morning. Let’s just say I’m caught up on sleep but still getting over that nasty cold. Anyways, on to the good stuff!

As you already know, I traveled to NYC last week for a little vacation with my girlfriends Kayla and Brenda. It was a few days packed with tourist attractions, museums, and shows. Over the next few posts I plan to share the events of this trip with you all!
Well, day one was a pretty simple, yet still a packed day. We all arrived at JFK around 3:30pm and then had to terminal hop to find one another.  Once we all found one another the first thing we did was find a cab to the hotel. Not just a regular cab, but a gypsy cab. Yes that is right, a gypsy cab. Three young city girls were manipulated into a gypsy cab and where totally ripped off. But it’s not New York if you don’t get scammed right? Ahahaha….. Needless to say that was a pretty funny/interesting/terrifying way to start the trp.
We got to the hotel, showered and we were off! Since it was already 6pm we decided to find somewhere close to eat and then hit up a few tourist spots. We picked this burger place near Columbus Circle and then headed over to our first tourist stop, Dylan’s Candy Bar, where I got these fabulous peppermint mints with my name on it!
From there we proceeded to go to Serendipity 3. You know, the place from the movie Serendipity.  I’ll admit not the best movie ever but I still watch it every time it’s on TV. Regardless, we had the most amazing desert! We had the Forbidden Broadway Sundae. This included a HUGE piece of cholocate cake, vanilla ice cream, fudge and whipped cream. When Kayla ordered it she asked that it be made, “extra forbidden” and I think he listened.  Here is what it looked like before we ate it…
And here is after!
It was so freaking good, but so filling! We wanted to eat it all but our little tummies wouldn’t let us. Oh, and did I mention the decor? I don’t know if its just so magical because it’s Christmas time, but the place is decorated to a T! There were lights, ornaments and tree’s everywhere. The colors inside were amazing.
That was pretty much day one. We took a taxi back to the hotel and called it a day. We had big plans for day two....

1 comment:

  1. OK- I want that sundae RIGHT NOW! My mouth us watering:) Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete