Friday, January 21, 2011

Flickr Friday: Constantly


Constantly, originally uploaded by Troy Holden.

I’ve decided to start a new segment on my blog. I’m going to call it “Flickr Friday.” My plan is to pick one Flickr photo every Friday and tell you what I like about it and how it inspires me, etc. One of my Favorite things to do is browse Flickr to see what’s new and what’s happening. I’ll search random emotions or places to see what pops up. I can do this for hours. There is always something fresh and exciting. I feel like there is always something new to discover. It's very inspirational.

Well, here is my first selection! This photo was taken by Troy Holden and I'm a religious follower of his work. He is a San Francisco photographer and I love everything he does. He can capture the mood/environment of the city so perfectly. I think this photo speaks to me because I ride Muni pretty much every day. Sure, usually I’m on the trains, but when I lived near USF I often took the 38 Geary and was deathly afraid of sitting in what I called “the accordion section” because I felt like the bus would split in half, it was amazingly bouncy and there isn’t much to hold on to if you’re standing. This photo really captures that feeling to me, the feeling of constant motion.

1 comment: