Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Recap

So, it’s the end of the year and that means it’s time to look back at 2010! What I accomplished and how I felt about the year over all. I’ll be honest. I had the WORST New Years Eve to date, so I was a little scared that 2010 was going to suck. Thankfully, it turned around. So, here’s a nifty list of what I did in 2010:

1.   I Graduated from College: This is pretty big. When I started making this list I didn’t even realize how amazing this was. I’m a college graduate! That’s something to be very proud of. Not only did I graduate, but I also have a full time job that I’m very thankful for. To anyone else out there that graduated this year, congratulations!!

My parents and I at Graduation
2.   I Moved Out: Yes, I graduated from college and moved out of my parent’s house. All this happened in a matter of two months or so.  I love my parent’s, but I couldn’t be happier living with my boyfriend. I love being able to decorate my own way, not worry about coming home late, watching the TV as loud as I want. It’s the little things that count.
3.   I Traveled to the East Coast: Once for vacation and again for a wedding. All I have to say is Lola Rain. She has always been an inspiration to me and we are always creating things together. Visiting Lola was one of the highlights of my year.
4.   I Went to My First Wedding: My friends Alex and Alexa got married in Vermont in October. It was, of course, the wedding of the century. It was so peaceful and personal. I cried like a baby during the ceremony and the entire trip was a blast. This was my first trip to the beautiful state of Vermont. And my first airplane trip with my boyfriend.  This leading into anther first from the trip…


5.   I Saw Snow for the First Time!!!! Thank you Vermont for my First Snow. Yes, this is true, I’m lame. Never been to Tahoe in the winter, therefore had never seen snow before.  Snow Fall is magical.


6.   I was “ALMOST” killed in McDonald’s. Ok, I’m over exaggerating, but since this incident I’ve never ever gone back to that McDonalds.  It is right around the corner from my office. I was on my lunch break and wanted somewhere quiet to read my book (I think I was reading “New Moon” and it was a sign for me to stop reading that awful book).  This McDonald’s is two stories. Upper level seating only. It is very long and narrow. I’m sitting upstairs, reading my book, DIDN’T EVEN ORDER ANYTHING, and suddenly I hear from downstairs, “He has a gun, he has a gun!!! Put your hands up!!!!” followed by a bunch of shuffling. I’m a little shaken up and I couldn’t see what the hell was happening below me. I build up enough courage to walk down the stairs and the place is SWARMING with police officers. There were undercover police, at least five cop cars outside and a bunch of officers in uniform. I think it turned out to be the bum that is always sitting outside. Naturally, I run back to my office and told everyone. That was the highlight of that week.
7.   I Attended My First Baby Shower: This was followed by a second baby shower only a month later. My friend Serena broke my baby shower cherry. It was by far the most fun baby shower I’ve ever been to (well because it was my first). It was an old family friends and I got to see some familiar faces. The food was amazing and the games were so much fun. My mom and I drank a ton of wine and had a blast. This baby shower was followed by my friend Rachel’s baby shower. I’ve know Rachel since we attended good old St. Cecilia. I also got to see a lot of people I haven’t seen in a long time at this shower  and had a great time catching up. This also leads into my first friend that had a baby. Serena’s baby girl Gia is the best baby ever! I can’t wait to meet Rachel’s baby boy Bentley.



8.   I Stuck with My Man though his…. “Vacation”: Let’s just say that my boyfriend was sent away for a few months the end of last year and the beginning of this year. We stuck together though it. It was hard, but well worth it. I wouldn’t have done it any other way.
9.   I got a Netflix Account: Dear Netflix, you have made my life 3,000 times better. Mainly because I get to watch movies like, “The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia” which is the craziest white trash movie you will EVER watch. Seriously. This shit will change your life. Thank you Netflix Instant for giving me movies when I want them. And Thank you Brenda for that great movie suggestion!


10. I Baked, and Baked, and Baked some more: That’s right. No wonder I put on the pounds in 2010. I baked cupcakes like nobody’s business! Martha Stewart, I love you.

Ginger and Molasses Cupcakes


Maragrita Cupcakes

DAL Themed Cupcakes for November Birthdays

World Series Themed Cupcakes!!

11. The San Francisco Giants Won The World Series: That’s right people. You heard it here first! The Giants won the series and no one thought they could do it. A Big Congratulations to my team! You did it! Now, let’s get them Niners on the same track, the Warriors would be nice too. The highlight of this win? Seeing Steve Perry (Journey) at the parade!!!

Stever Perry!!

Huff Daddy and the Rally Thong
12. Portraits: Photography wise, this was a year of portraits for me. I’ve really tried to get behind the lens as often as possible and plan out projects. I really love taking photographs of people and really getting to know my subject. Here are some of my favorites that weren't in my Top 10 post...

Victoria

Erik and Cynthia

Cecilia Elena

even a self portrait!
Wow! I feel like I accomplished a lot this year. At first I thought this list was short, like I hadn’t done anything, but I did a lot! I’m finally done with college and moved out. This year was a big transitional year for me. I went from college student to adult in a matter of months. I’ll say,  I like adult hood a lot better than college life. I’m a lot freer to do what I want and it’s a lot less stressful. Thank You 2010 for being a great year!

1 comment: