Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's the one day of year that your supposed to be loving and what not... As I said earlier about Valentine's Day, I don't hate it, but I also don't love it. However, I guess that means that I'll celebrate it? So, this year it's  my boyfriend and I's 6th Valentine's Day together (well, actually 7th, this is the day that we met)!! Ahh! We are approaching our 7 year anniversary, that's crazy. Anyways, we decided to keep it low key this year. He's going to make me dinner this evening and I made him cupcakes!

I figured it's Valentine's Day, so I should make red velvet cupcakes, right? Well, I searched tons of blogs looking for a good recipe and I finally found one that I was sold on. First I found a recipe on The Way the Cookie Crumbles for the actual cake part (I used the "Red Cake from My Grandmother" recipe) and then I found a simple cream cheese frosting from Confections of a Foodie Bride. Let me tell you, the combination is TO DIE FOR!! The results are mouth watering..





Best girlfriend ever???!!?! I think so. I HIGHLY suggest you make these. They are BY FAR the best red velvet cupcakes I've ever tasted. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment